Metaphysics Degree

This is a collection of essays regarding several courses on metaphysics offered through the Universal Life Church. Our metaphysics courses cover a wide variety of topics in metaphysics and each carry with it its own degree.

Monday, January 04, 2010

Metaphysical Healing

Metaphysical Healing
            The most poignant lesson I learned from this class is that I am, in all probability, never going to be a true meta-physician.  All joking aside, I feel that metaphysical healing is a wonderful and legitimate supplement to modern medicine.  I have dabbled in focusing/wielding energy for a number of years but, and you can call me ignorant for this because I certainly did, I had no idea that traditional healing encompassed so much training and time.  My biggest surprise was learning that traditional healers spend as much (if not more) time training to be healers as doctors of modern medicine do.  There is so much more that goes into metaphysical healing than I ever considered, from preparing the patient by scanning to combing the aura to diagnosis and the actual act of healing.  I was quite honestly overwhelmed by how much must be learned to become a healer. 

One thing I really liked about the class was that some information I already knew, such as the fact that illness is reflected in the aura.  The thing I liked the least, and one of the main reasons I will never be a traditional/metaphysical healer, is the patience it takes.  I have found throughout the years that while I have a great deal of patience, I do not have patience when it comes to rituals, and this type of healing involves some amount of ritual.  I've never had the patience for meditating for long periods, which is required in healing to clear your head so that you may focus on the patient.  I would contend that I don't need to meditate to clear my head, and that I don't need to go through some of the ritualistic motions in order to heal, but I would be told I am wrong.

I would have a very long way to go if I were to choose the path of healer.  I originally took this class because my best friend has diabetic neuropathy in his feet, and I wanted to see if I could learn better methods of healing to help him with it.  The methods offered in this course are indeed better, but alas, I do not think I have the skill set to be a metaphysician, so he is just going to have to live with foot massages.  If anyone wishes to learn what it takes to become a meta-physician, this class is a treasure trove of information.  I would recommend it to anyone with leanings toward the healing arts.  God bless!

Rev. Ira Potter


********************

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.

As a long time member of ULC, Rev. Long created the seminary site to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials. Many have been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and can attest to its ongoing growth and change.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar

No comments: