Metaphysics Degree

This is a collection of essays regarding several courses on metaphysics offered through the Universal Life Church. Our metaphysics courses cover a wide variety of topics in metaphysics and each carry with it its own degree.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spirit-Quest

Spirit-Quest Final Essay by Michael Babb

Beginning with the very first discourse, I began a life changing journey and the development of tools that I anticipate using throughout the rest of my life. The concept of setting Spiritual Goals was my first revelation. I have been good about setting goals in my life but took spiritualism for granted, I had not ignored it, but realized that I have not taken a proactive role in the process. Then, Discourse 2 hit me between the eyes. I have been working on the blessing of unconditionally forgiving others for years, the problem was, that I could not forgive myself for choices I had made that caused pain to others. Even if I knew they had forgiven me, I had no idea how to forgive myself. The lessons pertaining to meditation, imaging, grounding, energy, and the creation and blowing up of roses gave me a venue where I could picture what self forgiveness would feel like and rid myself of the negative energy that kept those self hate feelings alive. I learned through subsequent lessons how to manage positive energy more effectively and put out my intentions to God and the Universal Energy that flows from and back to God. In this way, I knew that my intent reached our Creator and in a loving way, my prayerful meditations were answered. I was surprised and amazed at how powerful the exercise of mocking up an intent and then visioning the intent as if it were already reality could be. Through this process, the way I look at life and the abundance provided by God’s Universe changed in a most profound way.

Another aspect of this course has also had a profound impact on my life. During my meditations, I began to see how my ego and worldly self has been an obstacle to connecting with my spiritual self. The idea of being created in perfection by perfection took on life. I began to understand that to be created in the likeness of God did not mean a physical appearance, but deep within is the spiritual likeness that only by shedding the bonds of ego could I begin to reach and actualize. The spiritual qualities that I had searched externally for and prayed to possess were already present. It was my task to remove the obstacles and tap into the God within. Only then, did I finally realize what a Spiritual Journey really was. I continue to build upon this daily, always aware that ego lurks just outside the cocoon of divine light. That not only I, but all people have the same origin and are created in perfection, by perfection, and for perfection. We are all related and come from one original source. Not only has this course given me a more energized and enlightened way to see myself but to see others in that same light. I truly know what it means never to look down on another person unless you are lifting them up.

The course in its entirety has been a help and a blessing. These are but a few of the high points that have made my life and ministry richer. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

*******************************

The Universal Life Church is a comprehensive online seminary where we have classes in Christianity, Wicca, Paganism, two courses in Metaphysics and much more.

Ordination with the Universal Life Church, is free,  and lasts for life, so use the Free Online Ordination, button.We also offer many free wedding ceremonies for your use.

The  ULC, run by Rev. Long, has created a chaplaincy program to help train our ministers. We also have a huge catalog of Universal Life Church materials.  I've been ordained with the Universal Life Church for many years and it's Seminary since the beginning and have loved watching the continual growth of the seminary.


Try our new free toolbar at: ULC Toolbar



No comments: